XO Energy provides management, consulting, and risk management services to the energy industry. We’re looking for a skilled software engineer to help develop and maintain our proprietary trading system and its supporting services. You’ll work closely with our team to build simple, reliable solutions to complex problems. Prior experience with large datasets is a plus. Work in either St. Thomas, VI, or Landenberg, PA.
- Develop and maintain features of the trading system, working with traders to define needs
- Work with our ETL back-end to expose new data to analysts
- Support other developers by building APIs and integration tools to reduce redundancy and improve performance
- Optimize existing processes to improve scalability and keep everything running like a well-oiled machine
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience developing complete applications in an object-oriented language like C# or Java
- Strong background in math, statistics, or numerical analysis, preferably with some related programming experience in Python, R, MATLAB, or SAS
- Familiar with design and optimization of relational database systems in SQL Server, PostgreSQL, or Oracle
- Proficient with a modern version control system (preferably Git)
- Working knowledge of underlying concepts like networking, system administration, and protocols
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance -- premiums are on us
- 401(k) plan, company matched right up to the annual limit
- On-site gym
- Generous relocation package
- St Thomas location includes housing and vehicle allowances
Send resume to email@example.com
Power Market Analyst (two openings)
Perform production cost modeling using tools such as UPLAN, PROMOD or DAYZER to forecast nodal electricity price components; Load flow analysis using tools such as PSSE, Power World or MATPOWER; Analyze weather patterns and fuel prices to predict the base electricity prices; Run optimization models to forecast congestion and determine congestion drivers; Research data using relevant databases and statistical tools; select nodes to trade based on forecasted congestion pattern, and enter bid curves. Knowledge of FTR market, Day – Ahead & Real – Time markets & SPP &/or Entergy Transmission system. Job Location: St. Thomas, USVI. Requirements: Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering. Send resume to XO Energy LLC, 6501 Red Hook Plaza, Suite 201, St. Thomas, Virgin Islands 00802 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cash Traders for PJM/ERCOT
XO Energy seeks highly motivated and disciplined power specialists for our PJM, MISO, ERCOT, CalISO, SPP, NYISO and NEISO subsidiaries. Duties may include performing production cost modeling using tools such as UPLAN, PROMOD, or DAYZER to forecast nodal electricity price components; load flow analysis using tools such as PSSE, Power World, or MATPOWER; analyze weather patterns and fuel prices to predict base electricity prices; run optimization models to forecast congestion and determine congestion drivers; research data using relevant databases and statistical tools; select nodes to trade based on forecasted congestion pattern, and enter bid curves. Knowledge of FTR, day-ahead, and real-time markets.
- Landenberg, PA OR St. Thomas, USVI
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science
- Experienced in MISO, SPP, PJM, CalISO, ERCOT, NYISO or NEISO markets and/or operations
- Industry leading merit based compensation package including 401k, profit share, cash balance defined benefit plan, health, dental and vision insurance, 500k term life insurance policy, long term/short term disability and generous relocation package.
- In addition, XO Energy offers: vacation benefits, company paid holidays & floating holidays, sick leave pay, discretionary bonus compensation plan and on site workout facilities at both locations.
- St Thomas USVI location also includes housing, vehicle, educational and travel allowances.
Send resume to email@example.com